Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new beginnings


Here we go!

Well, I suppose I should start off by saying that 2012 couldn't have come soon enough in my world!  This year holds the beginning of a new chapter in my life, a chapter that I'm eager to embrace full on.  However, this new change, and the topic of this new blog, won't come easy.  So with the following musings to come, I present my feeble attempt at blogging, my adventure to and in another country, and the process of writing the world's biggest paper (ok, not the world's biggest, just MY biggest).

I'm sitting here in my living room, surrounded by piles of stuff.  Piles to give away, piles to sell, piles to put in storage, and the tiniest pile of items that will go with me to Scotland. Not only do I have my own crap to contend with, but since my house once belonged to my parents, I now have the difficult task of sorting/selling/packing away their items too.   How do you sort through your life, and the lives of your family?  I'll tell you, it's a pretty daunting and downright horrible task.  Not only is the task itself time consuming and mind-boggling, but the emotional attachment I have to so many things is making this even more difficult.  I think this purging of material things will be emotionally draining, but will also symbolically and physically create the sense of freedom and respite my soul craves from having a life of chaos, unorganization, and attachment to things. 

So with that, here's to 2012...a time for change, a time for new, a time to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment