Saturday, January 14, 2012

Keeping calm and scanning on

We can do it!

      Well, it's not as bad as I thought, at least on the cat front.  The vet visit and more research on my part has calmed my nerves substantially.  The pet scheme for the UK changed as of January 1, and I'm thanking my lucky stars it did, as the new process is SO much smoother and less stressful for kitty and Mommy alike! The process for the kitty visas now looks like this:

1) Microchip (check)
2) Rabies again (even though they're up to date)
3) letter from the vet (official vet certificate)
4) travel on appropriate route to the UK

THAT'S IT!  No blood work, no waiting, less panicking!  I'm a lucky girl...

     Since you are all probably already tired of my kitty rantings (don't worry, there will be more soon, I promise), I thought I'd update you on my recent attempts to get myself organized for this move.  I have decided that after years of collecting jewelry magazines and recipes in paper/magazine format, I will now scan them, put them on my external hard drive, and get rid of the paper!  Huzzah for cleaning/purging and organizing at the same time!  It feels so good to get something accomplished finally, as I've felt so sick since Christmas, and have hardly felt like working, much less packing.  The magazines are going to a good purpose too.  Any home/cooking ones are donated to the library's magazine exchange and my jewelry ones will be now the property of the new beading group I just formed! 

     My new group is enabling me to again find my creative outlet/voice while teaching/helping others do the same.  Since I started my museum course a year and a half ago, I've had little time to make.  This new group is giving me a reason to get back to my wire and hammers!  I'm pretty stoked to see the interest in the community, and hope that reflects on our numbers today at the first meeting. 

   I also am planning to take a significant amount of my jewelry supplies with me to Scotland so I can keep up my jewelry creations.  I now realize that I can't shut things out of my life that are important to me, but rather, I just have to find the time to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment